Starting in early July, Vision Exercise Physiology will be offering a new program called Kids Heart Pilates. This program was developed by Exercise Physiologist and Pilates instructor, Liz Ernst. Vision Exercise Physiology has linked up with Kids Heart Pilates to run this program for the benefit of Toowoomba children. Kids Heart Pilates addresses the Queensland Government’s Early Childhood Curriculum in relation to wellness and active learning. This program uses basic progressive and developmental Pilates exercises to promote healthy movement development and the education of healthy lifestyles, in addition to informing both children and educators on safe exercises for kids.
Kids Heart Pilates aims to promote:
- Maintaining and development of posture, correct positioning through the lower back, shoulders and neck and therefore reduction in postural pathologies.
- Improvement and strength in standing and sitting positions and a stable base for functional movement, creating a good base for the preparation of school.
- Long lean muscles, enhancing movement patterns
- Core stability and strength
- Improved balance, coordination and motor control development
- Highlighting developmental pathologies and comprehension difficulties
- Balanced strength and flexibility
- Injury prevention
- Enhanced functional fitness and ease of movement
- Introduction of healthy body awareness
- Non-impact and safe physical activity
- Cross functional training for other activities ranging from ADLs to sports
- Performance enhancement
Classes will be offered to children between the ages of 4 and 8. This program is set to commence at the start of school term 3 (10th July 2017).
For more information please follow this link.
We will be running a pilot class over 5 weeks starting the 5th June. If you are interested in having your child participate, please call us on 46 38 777 and ask for Lauren.